View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
LunasMomma
Izzy's Momma Too!
Donating Member

Cry Gah flease!!!!!!!

So, we've been having a battle ROYALE here with fleas For a while there, we were so darned broke that we couldn't afford to go to the vet and get a new prescription of Revolution, which is what they've always been on. It's always worked for us, So one day about three weeks ago, the girls were itching and scratching away, and I made an appointment with a new vet (the former one was UBER expensive, our last visit for their checkup with heartworm test and fecal was over $600!) So anyway, they had fleas and this vet recommended and sold me Comfortis for the two girls. I got them home, fed them a little cottage cheese so they wouldn't have empty tummies, and dosed them up. I sprayed everthing down with Raid flea killer, aired the place out while we went for a drive(the girls waited in the car with the A/C on in the driveway), and returned. They had no fleas for about 5 days, then BAM! Itching and scratching like mad again.

We were due at the groomer that day, so I took them in and they were given a Capstar each, and then bathed and groomed. I put 6 flea bombs in the house, left for 4 hours, returned to air the house out, cleaned the kitchen floor, and start on the ton of laundry (doggy beds, blankets, etc.). Picked up the dogs and gated them into the kitchen while I cleaned up the rest of the house, and washed all their bedding and ours too. Thought we were now flea-free. NOPE!!!! Two weeks later it was groomer time again, and they informed me that the girls had fleas AGAIN. OMG At this point, I go home and treat everything again and about kill myself spraying flea stuff on EVERYTHING. Oh, and I did treat the yard this time and the last time. I also put Frontline Plus on them, though I am wary of too many pesticides, we have to do something! By now I've spent over $600, including the vet. Not to mention all the work. I've been doing non-stop laundry and vacuuming like a crazy person. Thank goodness we don't have carpet, that would be ten times worse, I'm sure. We basically spent our mortgage payment this month on fighting fleas I just hope that we can catch up.

It's been since last Weds. that they were groomed and de-flead and the house de-flead, and yesterday I find about 10 fleas on both of them. I'm at my wits' end and have called an exterminator who is coming tomorrow. More money that we don't have and if this doesn't do it, I'll be beyond upset! I have washed everything in this house in hot water and dried it on high heat (something I never do, as it ruins fabrics), I've borderline poisoned myself and probably my little babies, and to still have these #*(#&*$&^ fleas?!?!?! OMG! Someone please shoot me!

So I just wanted to whine a little and see if anyone else has gone through this. Any suggestions for me on what else I could possibly do? Do I have to throw out my furniture and beds, burn the house down, WHAT?!?! Yikes!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!