View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 10:32 AM   #1
YOKIE BOY
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default first grooming/hair cut experience :(

I just needed to share...
And, advice to parents taking their babies for their first groom/hair cut...

I'm a bit upset at myself... Yesterday we finally brought our 4 1/2 month old "YOKIE" to get his first hair cut/groom. I decided just to pop in and ask if they do walk-ins since we were already out and about. But, from this experience I have learned my lesson.

I had it pictured in my head how I wanted him to look like and explained that to the groomer. I picked a clipper size, which was about 1/2 inch and explained to keep a puppy cut on his face and to clean butt area since I was having trouble with dodo always getting stuck on his hair.

And, to our surprise when we picked him up, our baby looked so different. He looked like a grown up and not a puppy no more, since all his puppy hair was gone. I'm going to be honest… I miss his puppy hair. He looks so skinny now.

It's not the groomer's fault, it’s mine! I didn't know that the clipper size was going to be so short. My advice is to bring a PICTURE of what you want your yorkie to look like instead of just explaining it to the groomer.

This is our first puppy and didn't know what to expect but, now I know that the next time I'm coming with a picture of how I want his cut to look like. Also, next time I think I should just ask for a trim and not use the clippers.

I hope his hair grows out quickly! Every time I look at our baby, I feel so bad that I went too short.

Sorry for my novel, I just had to share...

I’ve attached a before and after picture of our “YOKIE”!

first grooming/hair cut experience :(-yokieb.png

first grooming/hair cut experience :(-yokieb2.png

first grooming/hair cut experience :(-yokiea.png

first grooming/hair cut experience :(-yokiea1.png
YOKIE BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!