View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
chattabob
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Yorkie kicked/hit and now wont come near me

Hi all,

About Macey.... Macey is a toy Yorkie and around 8 years of age. I met her a few years ago when my Girlfriends Dad passed away... she went everywhere with had Dad and only ever trusted him and his Daughter (Who now looks after her) Macey is a very loyal dog and will only allow me or my girlfriend to take her for walks, feed her and will only sleep with us. She is always attached to my girlfriend... follows her everywhere whether it be to go the tiolet at 3 in the morning or have an early night where as most other dogs I know would want to stay asleep... The only people Macey mixes with is just us two... she will not allow anyone else into her world. Other dogs we see in the street are warned off by her bark (she's just not interested which is fine)

I'm posting this on behalf of my girlfriend who has a toy Yorkie... today my Girlfriend tells me Macey (The Yorkies name) is shaking with fear and spent all last night yelping in pain and now will not come near her and runs away if she approaches her which is comletely out of the ordinary. My girlfriend took her the vet and the vet feels she may have been kicked however, she did not take a scan?? she was given some tablets which seem to have calmed her but I'm really concerned and it is upsetting my girlfriend that Macey will not go near her at all (Like she's the one to blame) after following her around and sleeping in the same bed for 2 years to not wanting to go near her and not even looking at her it now looks like we have a brand new dog.

I've read on here a few people have had similar experiences where there dogs have ran away, shivered ect.... but Macey has never ever done anything like this. I really hope we have not lost this lovable dog to some cruel act.

Any help or advice you can offer please?
chattabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!