View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 01:28 PM   #1
kdhawks
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Sad Special Thoughts Needed for Levi, Please

I noticed a bump on Levi's left front leg a few days ago. I have kept an eye on it the past few days to see if it would shrink on its own, but there has been no change at all. It is not shrinking, but it is also not growing or changing in any way. It does not seem to bother Levi; I don't think he realizes it is there until I am checking its progress.

I felt that something wasn't right, so we went to the vet this morning. The vet says that the bump is a tumor that will most likely need to be surgically removed. She gave us a steroid to try for this next week, to see if it will begin shrinking. If not, looks like my little man will be having surgery within the next few weeks. After surgery, the tumor would be sent to a pathology lab for testing.

Please keep my sweet Levi in your thoughts. Hopefully the tumor is benign. Hopefully it will shrink using steroids and my little boy won't need anesthesia and surgery. He acts completely unaffected and is running around and barking and playing and eating like everything is normal - while I am worried sick! We go back to the vet in exactly a week (next Friday) unless the tumor grows at all, in which case we'll be going in for an emergency visit. I feel so bad for my little boy! I hate for him to be sick.

kdhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!