View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 01:13 PM   #15
Gale
Yorkie Yakker

I know some vets disagree with using human shampoo on dogs, but I honestly have to say I disagree with that, because if I would not have starting caring for Nemo's coat (which was very thin, wirey, and not growing at all and very dull)the way I do my own it would be a total mess. I use Mane 'N' Tail shampoo and conditioner on Nemo, and 3 times a month I use a Cholesterol deep conditioning treatment on him his coat, which combats the protein which is in the mane n tail, which protein is good for the coat because it promotes growth, strength, and also helps with thickening thin coats or hair, but can make the hair hard that is why you should use a deep conditioner from time to time, anyway.....there is another product that I most definitely swear by for anyone with a thick coated yorkie or just for tangles plus it is a leave-in conditioner, it makes the coat really soft....Thermasilk Detangling leave-in conditioner which is heat activated, so I spray this on his coat, and comb his hair while blow drying, and it comes out smelling, and looking so nice and shiney.......And to give his coat a break from the Mane 'n' Tail I alternate with the Pantene products, and I swear Nemo's coat is so healthy......he gets a bath once a week, and believe me his coat is just as impressive 5 days later........I use a groomers cologne the scent is compared to the Gorgio mens cologne, not sure the exact Name, but I have been using since he was 8wks, he is now 8.5 months

These are just my opinions:

Gale

Last edited by Gale; 04-06-2005 at 01:18 PM.
Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!