View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 07:32 AM   #1
BeeShell
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default crate training help!!!

Hi everyone! I'm a new Yorkie mom to my 6 month old beauty Eva. I've wanted a yorkie 4 ever and did all the research I could and after a couple years I finally decided to get one. She is not fixed yet (the vet wants to wait til her teeth fully grow in) & she was not potty trained at all when I got her. I've had her for a week and her whining has reduced a lot when I leave during the day but she still poops in her crate everyday when we're gone. She eats at 5:45am then at 4:45pm with a little dry food during the day just in case. She's in the crate about 3-4 hrs, then I come home and spend an hour with her out of it, then she's in it for 3 more hes til I get home. I know its hard for her to be alone. The vet verified the crate is not too big. She poops/pees every morning before I leave but poops everyday in her crate. And since its not too big, shes got poop all over her and needs a daily bath. She has no problem being in the crate while we're home and she sleeps in it at night,.no whining, no poop/pee the whole night...shes great!!! But during the day its another story, I assume its anxiety of being alone. Im very patient and know it will be an adjustment, but would like to correct anything I'm doing wrong now to make it easier. There's only 4 days out of the week when I'm gone like the schedule I mentioned above, the other days she's not alone. She also goes on Many walks but will not poop/pee outside and I use her training word. She trains easily with other training words (sit, come, etc) and loves the praise. Today she went poop/pee, then my husband went outside to the bus stop with my daughter, came back 5 minutes later and she pooped in her crate. Anything I can do to alleviate her anxiety when she's alone to quit pooping in her crate?? Even if she just used the bathroom and is in the room with her food eating, I can walk out to grab a tissue and come right back and she's already peed on the floor. Sorry so long, I figured the more details the easier to answer. Thanks for any comments, I love this forum!!!
BeeShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!