View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 06:52 AM   #7
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Jackson held a steady 12lb weight from 6 months old-1 year and then a little over a year old he grew to 16lbs. He was still not overweight at all though, he was still just filling out and I think a lot of it was muscle.

He is 16lbs and eats 1/2 cup per day of Acana, he gets about a tablespoon of wet mixed in with each meal (or, sometimes in replacement of wet, chicken breast, etc). Free feeding did not work for us because he never ate. He would go 2-3 days sometimes without touching the bowl and I'd rather know when he eats anyways...

Our schedule is usually not the same every day. He's not into eating first thing in the morning and sometimes I will sleep in (especially now that school is done for summer) so often I'll give him 1/4 cup with wet around noon and then 1/4 cup with wet around 7pm. Or... sometimes it's even giving him a meal around 3pm and then dinner again around 7. It varies every day and he doesn't seem to mind... I just like to get him food him twice a day and I know if he doesn't eat, then something is not feeling right with him.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!