Thread: Help! Iams?
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 06:59 PM   #1
Lucyana1129
Senior Yorkie Talker

Angry Help! Iams?

I'm having some serious issues with food lately. Right now I'm living with. My family while my husband is deployed. We should b going home soon but in the mean time I am at a loss as to what to do. When we got here (November) he was eating Solid Gold. He was doing fine. My family feeds their dogs purina. And there are cats in the house (yea...its been a little crazy here). All of a sudden he has decided he wants anything but what I try to give to him. I tried Wellness, Natural Choice. He simply walks away. He won't eat. As soon as the other dogs get fed he sneaks in and eats their food or the cat food. I try my best to prevent it but he does it almost every time. And if he doeesnt get their food, he won't eat. He has lost weight with me trying to get him to eat the food I got him. The easiest solution is to buy everyone Solid Gold. But these are big dogs and my family doesn't measure out the food. They just dump it in a big bowl. So it would be very expensive. I went out and bought Iams bc I figured it has to b better than purina and he needs to eat something. Well, he ate it but I've read nothing good about it. I don't know what to do. My other dog (a doxie) has gained so much weight being here and Bentley has lost some. Should I just feed everyone Iams on the basis that its better than purina or kibbles and bits? Then when we get home switch back to Solid Gold? Will all this switching hurt him? I just don't know what to do. I bought Iams Small Bites. Obviously not good for the bigger dogs but my family doesn't care like I do. Which also really annoys me. Needless to say, being here, having a baby, and dealing with all this has been rough. Next deployment I think id rather just stay home and deal with being alone. Can't wait for my hubby to be home. Anyways. That's a whole other story. Sorry this is so long. I'm just worried and confused. I want the best for my furbaby and I know Iams isn't really the best but its better than purina right? What should I do? Thanks in advance.
Lucyana1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!