View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 10:46 AM   #15
dryoasis88
Senior Yorkie Talker

I am really glad you are sharing this information with me, because it does help me make an informed decision. Not traveling is 100% not an option. I live on a different continent from my family and if I stopped traveling, I would rarely see my parents or sister and never see my extended family, with whom I am rather close despite the physical distance. I have three years before he is due for his rabies booster (he is supposed to get a lepto booster next year, but it is not required and I am not getting it) and I will not have him vaccinated again unless there is really no way around it. If the law in Germany states that he legally must be vaccinated for rabies and there is no way to get a medical exemption, I have no choice but to leave the country or get him vaccinated. As much as I would like to just have the option of leaving the country, it is not really realistic. I have three long years to find a way out of the rabies vaccine or have the laws change, so I am only glad that Germany switched two years ago to a 3 year rabies vaccine requirement. It used to be every year.
dryoasis88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!