View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 10:33 AM   #14
xmasbaby75
YT Graphic Artist
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryoasis88 View Post
I am so so sorry that your baby girl didn't make it. I can't imagine the pain you felt. I am still torn up and I am lucky to still have my little boy with me. I assure you that I am aware of the risk and the seriousness of a reaction, but at the same time I have to take into consideration what I can do to avoid him needing further vaccination. I will have to check with the procedure in Germany on whether a note will suffice. I am sure that a note would be no issue to get back the US, but I need to be able to return to Germany afterwards, since I live here. The only other option is leaving my baby for 8 weeks a year in a kennel, which will also not take him without vaccines and would be a huge risk for an unvaccinated dog, or with a friend or paid sitter, which I first of all can't afford and second of all would never do. not for 8 weeks. So until I do more research, I am not sure what the situation is when he needs to be vaccinate again. I can only hope that there is a way to get around the requirements, but I am not sure I have a choice should a note not suffice. I will do my research on rabies exemption for germany and see what comes up.
I understand your concerns, but if I was faced with the choice of leaving my baby in a kennel for 8 weeks, or possibly never having the chance to see my baby again ... it's a pretty simple choice. I would rather not travel at all than deal with the consequences of another vaccine reaction. I am shocked that your vet is even considering vaccinating him again. I'm not trying to scare you, I am just simply giving you the facts. Ultimately, you will have to make that decision, and live with that choice.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!