View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 07:48 AM   #1
yorkietg
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default In memory of Tate

Hello all. I'm new to YT and relatively new to the breed. My husband and I were given the wonderful gift of a yorkie puppy while I was recovering from cancer treatment and a bone marrow transplant last summer. I was given a very small yorkie male by a very generous oncology nurse who breeds yorkies and was looking for the right home for the little guy. He was the runt of the litter and weighed only 2.5 pounds by the time he turned 1. We had him from July to April when he died in an accident at our home. My husband and I are devastated by the loss. It was so unexpected. We have been through so much it just didn't seem fair.

It's been over a month and we still miss him to pieces. We have a few mementos of him that we held on to, and I look at them and think about him often. We decided that we wanted to adopt a new puppy this summer, and I began researching breeders in our area. We went to visit a puppy a few weeks ago and ended up adopting him the next day. Hermes is very different from Tate. He's already bigger than Tate and he's only 17 weeks! He has the wonderful yorkie personality and brings us much joy. I still miss my Tate though and I know that he could never be replaced. He truly helped me get back my life after my transplant and gave me a reason to get out of the house last summer. I am very thankful for every minute that I got to spend with him.

It feels good to express these feelings to an audience who understands! I was admonished for missing a day of work after the passing of Tate. I feel bad for those who haven't gotten to experience the joy of a loved pet. With love comes loss.

Looking forward to becoming part of the YT community and sharing happy tales of my new Hermie.

yorkietg is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!