View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
MissFlora
Yorkie Talker

Icon2 Yorkie attacks windshield wipers (and other vices)

Hello, I'm new to the forum and I hope you don't mind me asking for some advice right off the bat.

My sister and I have recently acquired a Yorkie from a co-worker. Lily is about 2. She has some vices, the worst being she is obsessed with attacking our windshield wipers when we are driving in the car and use them. She also tries to attack other dogs, men, and people on bicycles. I group them all together because her aggressive behavior is the same in each situation.

I'm at wit's end!! I thought about sitting in the car and feeding her treats (a la Sophia Yin's behavioral methods). If we put her in the back seat she tries everything in her power to return front and get on the dashboard. However, in the back seat she isn't aggressive and doesn't bark or whine.

During her moments of vice - whether dog, human, bike, or windshield wiper - she doesn't pay attention to me at all, no matter how much I try to get her attention even if I try luring her with treats. When it comes to people and other dogs, I end up picking her up so she won't chase them and seem aggressive.

She knows 'sit' and 'down' but only likes to obey when there's a treat. Otherwise, she is choosy about when she listens to me and my sister.

We have had her four weeks. Do any of you have suggestions? She really is a sweet cuddlebug most of the time. I just would like her to be calm and well-behaved in public and the car.

Last edited by MissFlora; 05-18-2011 at 06:26 PM.
MissFlora is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!