View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 12:54 PM   #1
bWY39
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Default Night Time Potty Puppy

I have a small difficulty with my 9 week old puppy Raggs.

He is a night time "Potty Puppy" and no matter what we do we are unable to stop him although it is early days yet.

We take his food away at around 6 pm and he gets put to bed about 10.30 pm in an open crate with my other 12 week old puppy Ruby.

Before they go to bed we walk them around the yard saying silly things like "be quick" and or "Go wee wee's" depending on what it is we want them to do.

Often Raggs will oblige and drop a package for us to collect and dispose of but then we wake of a morning about 5 am only to find that during the night, he dropped another on the carpet.

I recently lost a Spaniel who was also a "Night Potty Dog" and we had a very difficult time getting him out of it but as he got much older he stopped.

With my two Yorkies I have now set up the crates I used for my Spaniels so that when they are put to bed they can not get out on the carpet but I am not sure if I am doing the right thing with them.

I get up at 5am every morning, collect the package then put them outside where they do all the right things then return to the open crate.

I love my puppies so much I am prepared to live with this problem but if any of you experts can tell me if I am on the right path or not I would appreciate it.

In the photographs you see the red soft crate as their sleeping quarters and the metal cage as the free space.
One important question I need an answer to is this......do I leave a bowl of water in the free space cage or not ???

Any advice would be most welcome.

DSC_1704.JPG

DSC_1705.JPG

DSC_1710.JPG

bWY39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!