View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 07:24 AM   #12
Trufflesmom
Yorkie Yakker

I totally understand & agree with you. My husband and I have changed our lifestyle,for sure. When my dear departed Truffles was older, we rarely went out for long periods, never traveled and when she had been hospitalized once, we brought her home and literally did not leave her alone one minute for a solid 2 weeks until her recovery was finished. And, the funny thing about that was that we never once discussed it, we just always knew that she could not be left alone during recovery!
And, now, with our new baby Coco, we won't leave her alone for more than 2-3 hours because of her potty training, AND, we don't want her to get lonely as she's only been home with us 2 weeks,2 days. Otherwise, she comes with us.
You're right, most non-dog people would never understand this. Frankly, before we had Truffles, I probably wouldn't have understood either. I know better now. And, there's nothing better than making our babies feel loved, because they give us everything they've got. It's just a small way to re-pay that love.
Trufflesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!