View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 09:53 AM   #1
SueWeb
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Had to put my darling boy to sleep. Im Heartbroken

Hello there,

I hope its ok to come here to talk about my darling boy that was put to sleep yesterday. My Spike was 18 years and 5 days old, he was a Yorkshire Terrier and Im heartbroken.

He had very little wrong with him throughout his whole life, and we have such wonderful memories of him, but took poorly just over a week ago and went downhill rapidly and we tearfully put him to sleep on the advice of my vet who said it was for the best.

My daughter who is 20 is besides herself. He has been with me right through a painful divorce and was like my son,always a run through the hall when I came home from work to greet me, and followed me around the whole house, sat on the sofa with me every single evening, and Im sat here now and my house feels terribly lonely without him. I cant stop crying, and looking at pictures of him. Taking him to put him to sleep was terrible and its breaking me apart. I know it was the right thing to do for him, but it doesnt make it any easier.

I hope the pain gets easier, I will never forget him, 18 years is such a long time and he was such a big part of my family.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post. Sue x
SueWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!