View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 07:18 AM   #1
bethwood2009
Yorkie Talker

Default Puppy problems :(

I had written a post earlier on another thread and I was advised to post here..

History:

My Yorkie of 3 years was recently attacked and killed by a sharpei. The poor thing was less than 2 lbs so I couldn't get to her in time. She was a part of the family and everyone was heartbroken over the loss. I saw an advertisement for a dog expo so I wanted to just look at the [COLOR=green ! important][COLOR=green ! important]puppies[/COLOR][/COLOR]. Well, I fell in love with one that reminded me of her. I decided to buy two puppies so the one would not be lonely. This was about a week ago. The breeder volunteered that both puppies were healthy and eating well. She did not give me any other information. I got them home and immediately the boy, Jax had yellow diarrhea and was not eating the food the breeder provided. I attributed that to nervousness and separation anxiety so I decided to give him a day. While driving, I noticed he was not acting right and took him immediately to the [COLOR=green ! important][COLOR=green ! important]vet[/COLOR][/COLOR]. He was extremely hypoglycemic. I felt irresponsible but I never had experienced a problem like that and had no clue. The vet provided me with nutri cal and told me just try everything. This morning it happened again but I was prepared with nutrical and baby food so it turned out ok. The only thing he will eat is baby food or meat. No canned or dry dog food. So here are my issues:

1. Was the breeder lying? He was only .9 lbs when i bought him and has white on him. His dad was a partiyorkie but he was sold to me as a normal yorkie. Also, in my excitement I didn't look at the papers and just noticed he was registered under The American Purebred Canine Society. Is this a legitimate organization? Finally, his teeth are only slightly above the skin. Could he be younger than 2 months and 3 weeks?

2. Any suggestions as to what I can feed him? The vet said I needed to get him on puppy food to provide the proper nutrients but no such luck. Plus, his high fat diet is making him hard to potty train and makes a huge mess.

3. Finally, will he grow out of this? He is a part of our family already but we have a fairly active lifestyle. As much as I love him I am not always around every 4 hrs or so to feed him and would be heartbroken to have another tragedy.

Thank you for your help. Any information would be greatly appreciated!
bethwood2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!