Thread: Natures Logic
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 11:07 AM   #6
AlicetheYorkie
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sganow View Post
Something I heard awhile back is that Nature's Logic was started by the person (or one of the people) that originally formulated Nature's Variety. They are both in Lincoln, Nebraska and have very similar ingredients from what I can tell.
This interested me so i did some digging around the web, here's few things I've found:
(Mind you, this was from 2 different forums, I wasn't able to find any info regarding this on other than hearsay, but it was mentioned more than once)

There is some controversy between these 2 companies. The nutritionalist who created Nature's Variety left when the company sold out. They also changed alot of their ingredients when they sold out. It is still a great food though.

Now the man who created the original Nature's Variety started his own company called Nature's Logic. His philosophy is no synthetic vitamins.

FYI, this guy developed Nature's Variety and then left to start Nature's Logic. I haven't found much difference in the food.

He even brought over the key differentiators...the montmorillonite clay and the bio-coating.

The only major difference I saw in the ingredients (NV Prairie vs. Nature's Logic kibble) is that the ONLY grain nature's logic uses is millet, supposably because it's the most digestable for a dog (the NV grain-free line uses tapioca to bind the kibble and their prairie line has a few different whole grains).

As far as "the ONLY NATURAL pet food claim, it is the vitamins/minerals they're talking about - here's from their website:
Nature's Logic is the first commercially prepared 100% natural pet food line that contains no added chemically synthesized supplemental nutrients in any product. All amino acids, vitamins and mineral nutrients present in Nature's Logic products come from 100% foods or naturally mined ingredients.

I did read some really great testimonials and reviews on it while I was researching it too, so all in all, it looks like a wonderful food. I'm using NV now, but Alice is having some tummy troubles, doing well on their lamb canned and raw for now though, so my next step is to try the NV's new LID line of kibble. If that still gives her crazy poop I'll try the Nature's Logic sample I got with treats and see how she does
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!