View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 11:54 AM   #11
Patti
Donating YT 30K Club Member

I' feel so bad for you! I know what you mean ! Last January I was called into HR and told my position had been eliminated after 33 years and that I would be retiring 2/1. I had a new boss who hated me for no apparent reason other than the staff liked me and were scared of her, also they were letting go higher paid long time employees to replace with younger lower salaried peopel. They made us sign a statement that we wouldn't sue in order to get our severence pay. I was fortunate in that I could collect my pension although it is greatly reduced and I couldn't get unemployment because I was getting a pension, and they gave me a years severence. In hind sight it was the best thing that could happen. I paid off as many bills as possible
refinanced the house and paid off the car payment with extra money I took out on the mortgage and cut way back. My dtr was in her 1st year of college but works and goes to school fulltime takes care of her expenses now. Then in February i was diagnosed with a brain tumor thankfully benign but this past 11 months has really taught me that I can get through things I didn't think I could and I have had time to help my father in law who recently passed away at 86 and my 86 year old parents. AND best of all I finally got the nerve up to get a second dog and Cali has turned this bad year into a great year! So good luck and remember you are strong and things will get better.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!