View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 10:58 AM   #4
ASTPhi877
Senior Yorkie Talker

My Lucy is exactly like this! If I don't put her hair up in it's topknot it just sticks straight up on the top, and the front folds over into her eyes. I've come to believe that she's a combination coat, even though she has the green eye flash and rarely mats. She does get some small tangles, but never full on matting. I used to think she was silky because of this, and the fact that she shines brilliantly in certain (especially low) lights, but I've seen a true silk coat, and the shine can't be mistaken. Either her coat is changing it's texture and the shine I see are the hairs that have already had a chance to soften to the silk (which it actually does SOMETIMES do (see the coats sticky, it'll tell you about how some wirey coats change)) or she is combination. She definitely has one of the strangest coats I've ever seen! She is currently a very light creamy color on her head, with a darker tan coming in on and around her ears and face. Her saddle is a mixture of darker, almost blackish blue towards the front and a silver so light it's almost white towards the back. It's the lighter silver that is typically so shiney on her, and that does seem to be coming in more and more. But Lucy just made a year on May 9th, so i'm sure she'll continue to surprise me!
ASTPhi877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!