View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 06:00 PM   #2
YorkieMom55
All Dogs Go To Heaven
Donating Member

Animal Smiley 049

Hi there, I have been grooming my yorkies since 2000. My groomer mentored me when we got our 3rd and said it was time for me to learn to do it myself. I am not familiar with PPE but checked them out for you. I picked one Andis model (the pink one). Their retail price is $129.99 and the sale price is $75.60. I checked Amazon.com for you and the same model (pink Andis single-speed 12 pc) is $55.22 with Free Supersaver Shipping.

I have an Andis trimmer, an Oster and a Wahl full size, single speed. The Oster and Wahl are 11 & 8 yrs old and I'm replacing both of them this summer. I will probably shop through Amazon if I can't find one locally. The Wahl came from WalMart and I kept that one in my "to go" bag, to groom small dogs at our local animal shelter. It has cut alot of hair in 8 yrs.

It would be a good idea to get several pair of scissors for grooming. A good pair for blending, round curved tips for feet and face, round straight tips & thinning/texturizing blades work well for small matts & "pin" knots. A comb with swivel teeth works well also.
Hope this helps.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!