View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
ginnysanchez
No Longer a Member

Default Google: 12/13/2005 - 5/10/2011

It's been a long time since I've posted here, and I thought I would log on one last time for a while to see if there are any pictures of my Google that I might not have ready on my hard drive to download.

Google had chronic HGE (hemmoragic gastroenteritis), 5 episodes. Most dogs never get it. Of those who do, only 20% will get a 2nd bout. My boy had it 5 times. He was on a special diet, and toward the end he ate only boiled chicken, rice, and unsalted cottage cheese, and had a yorkie dose of Pepcid AC every day. Still, he got that 5th bout, in which he vomited bile and blood and had bloody diarrhea which changed to pure blood. He was in extraordinary pain. There were only two vet hospitals in the state (NJ) equipped to handle his round-the-clock care.

I knew that I needed to end his pain. It was the most painful decision I ever made. So for that last vet visit, I allowed them to not save him the 5th time; instead, he was euthanized.

When I got him, I was a married Mom and mother to 3 older teenagers. I am now a divorced woman with 3 adult kids, all moved out, 2 in the military. My boyfriend loved Google as much as I did and helped pay for his medical care. We are heartbroken.

I urge you--if your Yorkie ever has bloody diarrhea or vomits blood, take him or her IMMEDIATELY to the vet. If it becomes chronic, do all you can for as long as you can to care for your furry baby. My Google was with me as my ex husband, then all of my children, moved out and on with their lives. He was my little 7 pound touchstone. I will miss him forever.
ginnysanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!