Thread: Craigslist rant
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
Jennxling
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseylovestosho View Post
I made the mistake of browsing through the Craigslist pets section. I came across this jewel:

teacup sized dog wanted (crawfordville)

Date: 2011-05-05, 10:17PM EDT
Reply to: comm-d45gf-2365121784@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Small teacup sized dog wanted. Does not have to be a puppy. No breeders please. I dont have a problem with you i just dont have that kind of money to spend. Please e-mail pictures and info. Will remove ad when I find the dog Im looking for.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2365121784

I cannot begin to COMPREHEND how those of you that work in rescues/foster parents handle yourselves when you know that it's people like the idiot above that brings in little ones in deplorable conditions because they want to buy a $50 TEACUP. I have many choice words for this lady but I don't even know how to begin.

I also found a lady who constantly posts adds for "family looking for a puppy" the ONLY requirement is that the puppy/dog has to be FREE! And THEN a few weeks later they post an ad saying they can't keep it and require a "rehoming fee." This has happened at least THREE TIMES.

RANT OVER.

Bless all of you foster parents/rescue workers out there. I would be so jaded.
I get so upset looking at craigslist because so many think of animals just as products! There's so many greeders on there. I hate how people put yorkie or maltese as title and you see the picture, it's clearly not the breed stated. I would NEVER buy a dog from CL. I have rescued one from CL and that dog was in HORRIBLE condition. I don't understand how people can do such a thing! There's SO MANY free dogs on there and it scares me to even think of where they might end up Also, I browse Kijiji.com and it upsets me to see so many selling their dogs as breeders...UGH Sorry, I totally started venting too.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!