View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 08:02 AM   #8
Jaspermom
Yorkies Rock My World!

Teeth WOW! Everyone, WELCOME!!

Welcome, LadyT,TroubleTB,and HasRV4Fun! I think this is going to be so wonderful being there with you when you accomplish your goal of feeling better and getting fit!

I agree, as soon as the years started piling up, so did the pounds. However, I am just now going through menopause, and due to how I have been eating, the pounds are dropping OFF, not piling on! Hooray!

Villette, I know I don't have to tell you that carrot cake is not a veggie, lol!! However, you CAN have carrot cake if you make it yourself and use Splenda and applesauce instead of all the sugar and fat!! I have a great recipe for Carrot Cake out of the American Heart Assoc. cookbook, and if anyone wants it, PM me and I will email it to you!

LadyT, you can STILL have your bread and pasta! Have you tried whole grain breads and pastas? They have a nutty yummy flavor that is mmmmmm good! As far as your toppings for both go, try non-fat or low-fat spreads for your bread, marinara sauce instead of cheese sauce on your pasta, and be careful about your portion size. I eat just a little pasta and load on sauteed veggies: peppers, onions, and black olives on my pasta. I also use Bocca Italian sausage made from soy. You can find them in the grocersfrozen section. I also use low fat parmesan cheese. You see? It's all tied in! I even make garlic bread with Smart Balance squeeze buttery spread, making sure my bread has no saturated fats and NEVER any transfats!! Those fats are AWFUL... more about that soon.

TroubleTB & HasRV4Fun, I had two closets full of gorgeous size 14 clothes, as I thought that would be the size I would be for life; it's what I was for 7 years. I was a branch manager of a bank, and dressed the part. When I lost all this weight, I gave most of them to Goodwill (and listed them for my hub so we get a considerable tax write off as well) and the ones I could not bear to part with I had altered.

TroubleTB, I loved how you said you have "blossomed"!! lol too cute! Yes, I think once a week if we are comfortable would be a great report time. I would also love to keep a spread sheet (so to speak ) of our progress! If you would like to participate in that, please PM me with your current weight, your goal weight, your height, and age.

This is NOT a race to see who is "The Biggest Loser". This is a lifestyle change that will be with you for the rest of your life. It's all about choices. YOU CAN DO THIS. You will feel better, live healthier, exercise, and be HAPPY about your accomplishment when you lose your weight! You will be proud and you will have more self confidence, and you will be confident in your body again. Aren't you excited?? I know I am!!!

I am here for YOU!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!