View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 10:20 AM   #11
Furbaby Friend
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandysbabies View Post
We went through that with Dudley and then he finally stopped. I have never had a dog do that and I have had dogs all my life. All this time I thought FINALLY, we are through this and then this morning????? I walk in and find him chopping down on Kayla's poop. Oh, gag-a-r00, I don't know what makes them do it. My dh thinks it is something lacking in their diet. But, our dogs are bought the best food, they are on good supplements. Sooooo, I don't know. If you find the answer let me know. When Dudley was doing it at puppy stage his breeder told me to just clap real loud and say NO, NO. They will back off from it but it didn't stop him.
My vet, and my research, tells me it is rarely a nutritional/diet issue. It CAN be, but generally it is behavioral. My vet says they see it all the time and it is completely normal and not even to worry about it. I sought other solutions and even told my vet about the pineapple! Feeding them certain things (like pineapple) discourages them from doing it because it tastes yummy going in, but yucky going out. Rylie has stopped eating her poop.
Furbaby Friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!