View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 07:27 AM   #3
zowiandnikasmom
YT 500 Club Member

first of all, i am truly sorry for your loss. my heart really goes out to you and zoe in your loss. this past august we lost our 6 year old yorkie nika suddenly to pancreatitis, leaving behind her furmother zowi who was 9 years old at the time. the 2 girls were a very bonded pair, completely inseperable. me and zowi were very depressed and had a very hard time dealing with the loss of our companion and zowi's only daughter nika. i wondered the same thing....
we decided that it was best in our situation to get another dog, before zowi got to be too old to deal with a younger dog. last october we adopted a 4 1/2 month old puppy, pixie. the most important thing to remember is to make sure that your zoe knows she is still very important to you. she should get treats first, eat first, be pet first, and so on. you have to make sure that she still feels very loved, especially considering the loss she is feeling. we did this and still do with zowi. she is still top dog and always will be as long as she is with us. pixie and her have made a really great bond and zowi has helped teach her everything. pottytraining the new pup has been easy because she does everything that zowi does. for us it was best to give ourselves and zowi a new little love in our lives that will never replace our precious nika but has made her own special place in our hearts and lives. i hope this helps somewhat and know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. please keep us updated on your decision. hugs
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!