View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 02:49 AM   #6
kewtee
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblesmama
Those are adorable! I am just learning how to knit and I just finished my first sweater for Pebbles. It looks so sweet on her. I would love to know how to add a hood! If anyone can figure out a pattern, PLEEEEESE let me know! I am not anywhere near good enough to start making my own patterns!
Measure the head from neck to ears.(My dogs are 3-4 inches) Knit 2 squares with these measurements, ie. 3x3 inches and sow them together on 2 sides. The third side is the one that is sowed on to the neck and voila, you got yourself a hood
First time I did this I made them way to small and the dog couldn't lift it's head hehe

That is the first hood you should make. Then when you got the hang of this easy one, you can make hoods that are more pointy by extending one corner a little on both squares. Then sow some yarn on the pointy tip and you've got a real cute hood.

Also when you get used to it, knit the side of the squares that attach to the sweater a little shorter, that also looks real cute

With the pointy top and the short neckside, the shape of the squares are sort of diamond instead of just square

Good luck

Last edited by kewtee; 12-31-2005 at 02:53 AM.
kewtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!