View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 10:33 PM   #8
linz06
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
The hotels cannot re-book your trip for the dates you want?

I'm so sorry this happened, and I'm sure it's horribly stressful trying to book things at the last minute. At the same time though, it's just money. I think you will have a wonderful trip, and hopefully this last minute scramble will become a funny detail in the "Greatest Trip, Ever" story you tell.
They possibly could... but we'd be paying quadruple what we paid to begin with!!! I know I can't be too choosy now, but I just really don't want to stay in an 8-bed room in a hostel. We were planning on staying in this gorgeous 4 star hotel. I don't feel comfortable sleeping in a room with who knows how many other men, and I don't want to go to a girls only room and be away from my boyfriend for the nights we're there. I know that might be too picky but it's just my comfort level I guess. We got our room for less than what we'd pay at a hostel and I told everyone about how awesome it was!

We tried Priceline again tonight and my first option gave me a counter offer of almost double what we paid to begin with. I said no and tried other options, but didn't get anything. Now I have to wait another 24 hours, and hope somebody else doesn't snatch up that room before I do! I will bite the bullet and pay double.. it's still a lot less than full price, so I can't complain about that. I guess I'm just more upset at ourselves than anything. We're so careful about these things, and Scott has reread the booking over and over since we booked it and still didn't catch that. Neither did I.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!