View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 05:41 PM   #5
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmaniMan View Post
I would cut everything out- treats. wet food, etc. and do a food trial- to see if it is a certain food he is eating.

If it continues- I would probably ask the vet about it, or cut down the walks and see if it makes a difference- maybe some of the walks are too long for him.
I'm gonna do a food trial... maybe I will just use boiled chicken this week instead of wet food.... pretty certain the walks aren't too long. He can usually go all day long with no problems (even if I'm not 'forcing' him with a walk- he will run for hours outside at my dads house, and even swim for hours a lot, etc by choice so I know he's got the energy to keep up).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlicetheYorkie View Post
That's weird since it's only on the walks, I'd doubt it's the food then.
The only thing i can think of is maybe the walks get his anal glands to empty out when he poos, that "liquid" could make his poop look softer and would DEFINATLY make it smell worse. If that's the case, it's not a bad thing, at least they're emptying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
I agree, probably emptying anal glands. Brit, my boys do the same thing and I think they are emptying their glands.
I think you guys are probably right! Never thought about that. Something to think about- thanks!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!