View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #1
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Default Runny poo only on walks

So.... kind of an odd question???

Jackson has mainly been eating Acana kibble for over a year now. A few bags of other stuff in between but primarily Acana. I do mix wet food in- usually it's NV Instinct or Natural Balance wet food, but sometimes other brands.

His poop is normally 'perfect' when on this food... in the morning, it's a solid little dark log (LOL) and same in the evenings. If we don't go for a walk, we just stay home for the day, he does 2 of these perfect little poops. Whenever we go for a walk (typically 30 minutes-2 hours depending) *sometimes* it will be runny (not all the time). It's not, like, watery diarrhea or anything, but it's looser and softer and sometimes smellier. Can exercise make him poop like that?? It just seems odd... don't know if it's normal.

He does get some treats during the day but nothing excessive and nothing he doesn't get when he has 2 normal poops for the day... they are all 1 ingredient treats or very little ingredients, etc.

Was gonna consider switching foods but thinking back it seems this happened with most foods he's eaten. Gonna do a test, I think, tomorrow and feed him ONLY his Primal raw for the day (usually I do it for breakfast and kibble for dinner but only a few times a week) and see if it makes a difference on our walk....

Last edited by Britster; 05-11-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!