View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 06:09 AM   #13
AlicetheYorkie
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilliesMum View Post
yeah, i saw he vet today who knows Millie very well and she said that if shes not producing milk than we can go ahead with the spay in 2 weeks time when i originally booked it, she also said that if she does start producing milk, depending on how much and how she is in herself, they can still go ahead with it but they would give her drugs to stop milk production. she seems to be getting more and more protective of her "babies" by the day. she snapped at my other dog Willow earlier when she sniffed them.. is it a good idea to take her "babies" off her one by one or at all?? or just let her get on with being a mum to them until it passes? she just stays in her igloo bed all day and wont leave it
Aww, poor girl. I honestly don't know what would be better. I think I would take them away one by one, but again, not sure if that's the right thing to do. Pop over to the "breeder" topic and ask some of them. They're very experienced and could probably tell you what's best to do for her to get through the next two weeks till the spay.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!