View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 04:36 PM   #11
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Maybe it's just personalities not meshing.... Obviously Reesie is a perfect pup and you are happy with your choice, but that's what makes me nervous about getting a 2nd pup without the 1st dog meeting him first (this is what you did right?) I think it's important to find personalities that mesh well together if you want them to be best buddies... Jackson loves most all puppies, and there are other dogs that he is closer to than others, etc. I hope you don't take this the wrong way! I'm not judging your decision in ANY way and have thought about doing it myself in the future!! I'm just saying I think this is a risk one takes.

We visit a puppy 4 days a week and spend about 1 hour with him per day... so not the same as living with a pup! But for what it's worth, he is 16 weeks old now so he is super rambunctious and CAN get on Jackson's nerves. Jackson has corrected him a few times with a quick growl or nip and then the pup learns. I have not corrected or intervened YET.. generally they do this the whole time: IMG_4042.mp4 video by actionjacksonxo - Photobucket LoL! This is the kind of puppy that I'd be willing to bring home... because even though he gets on Jackson's nerves sometimes, in general, they enjoy to play and each others company. There have been some other puppies that Jackson is not very big on and just tolerates them basically so before bringing home a second dog/pup, I'd want them to meet and interact first.

Last edited by Britster; 05-10-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!