Thread: Shelby
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
Anaic
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Shelby

Hello everyone I am asking for advice with Shelby, she is our AAI girl post surgery atm she is pain free. She does have numerous congenital problems but for the most part she is so sweet and gently in the house.

Then we go outside she is a raging barker, we have consistantly walking her outside for 1.5 years now post surgery she spent 1 year in home only onto the enclosed porch. She is 3.5 years old now. I have tried to get her over this barking but she is relentless. Barks all the way up to a person and then stops, gets petting, we walk away, same person she is barking her head off.

Dogs, squirrels, birds, people, anything that moves she barks. Tried treats, no doesnt work, quiet, no bark, etc. walked the other way turned around and back nothing works.

I know her nervous system must be affected with the trauma she endured, surgery, recovery etc, but trying to get her more social is impossible.

She is good inside, will bark at noises of course, excellent with grandkids, never bit anyone.

So do I resolve myself she will never be social, unable to really take her places, car rides a bit better, vets visit ok.

Seeking ways to help her adjust better. Thank you
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!