View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
My lil friend
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Mom freaking out just a bit!

I lost a dog last March to what I believe to be HGE. He began exibiting symptoms in Oct of 2010 and died in March of 2011. Now his brother (9years old,his name is Buddie) from the same litter is exibiting the same symptoms. We are going to the vet in an hour for blood work. I know that there are some things that I can do diet wise at home to help,but dont know what they are. I would appreciate ANY suggestions.

The only diet change lately is taking all of my dogs from Iams proactive (not a great food) to Wellness 5. We are still in the stage of 1/2 of each kind. I just started this last Friday. All of the other dogs love the Wellness,even the old man that hasn't eated dog kibble in 2months.

Symptoms: shaking,tight tummy,not interested in food and Buddie is ALWAYS interested in food, mucus in stool (not blood as of yet). If I sit in the floor he will sit infront of me and just stare at me,this is what his brother did. Obviously trying to tell me something,this started yesterday and it took me until this morning to figure it out.

So yes, I am freaking out just a bit. I leave town soon and will be leaving this dog in my daughters care,it is her dog.
My lil friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!