View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 08:11 AM   #3
salazark
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Thanks for the response! I'm just worried because I'm pretty much going by all the methods I have of weighing them. Beemer hasn't weighed less than 3 1/2 pounds in forever. He was really close to 4 pounds and Sadie was 5 1/2 by the vet scale as well as my "scientific method" of stepping on the scale with and without them. I wasn't shocked that Sadie had hit her ideal weight. I could feel the difference when I pick here up. I just feel bad for Beemer. He's lost 20% of his weight and he really didn't have it to lose. I think part of the reason that I didn't see it happening is that in the middle of all this he got a haircut and basically got his body shaved. He looked like such a skinny little thing but I thought the difference was just hair vs. no hair. I wonder how much that hair weighed. It couldn't be more than an ounce or so.

I just really hate the thought that he could have been hungry to the point of losing weight. It makes me sad. Last night and this morning I gave him two nuggets and Sadie about 1 1/3. I'm going to try to buy a scale that I can accurately weigh them on. I have a good digital kitchen scale that I used when they were puppies but they really don't fit on it anymore. I want to monitor them closely from now on. I'm enclosing a picture of Beemer when he first got his hair cut. This was about a month ago. You can see that he really doesn't need to lose weight!

Before I switched to Primal, they were on Orijen. One of the things I like about Primal is that they are so enthusiastic about eating it - there bowls are clean within a couple of minutes and I don't have to worry about Sadie "cleaning up" for Beemer. I think that's how she gained the weight in the first place.

I really do think everything will be ok - I'm just going to monitor it more closely from now on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg user17997_pic106604_1302307827.jpg (36.1 KB, 38 views)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!