View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 07:00 AM   #1
viviansnickers
Snick&Viv= BFF
Donating Member

Tongue Is it ok to have yorkies that don't really get along together?

So many of you know I brought my Reesie (6 month male) home in January and right off the bat, Snickers (3yr male) did not like Reesie much. Snick would move away, run to my DH and steer clear.

Things have progressed now, 4 months later....they do play/wrestle/tug of war which I love....but they also bicker. Reesie will STILL get in Snick's face/nip his legs/bug him and Snick will snap at him & growl still. I break it up sometimes when I think it is too much but usually I let them work it out. BUT sometimes Snick will snap at Reesie JUST for walking by!!!!! This I don't like and I scold him. Snickers will initiate play time w/ Reesie.

Do you think this will change in more time? Reesie is technically a pup still and even though he just got neutered, he still acts like a pup and is FULL of energy which I love. I got Reesie so Snick would have a companion but it really hasn't worked out that way. They do NOT sleep/snuggle/cuddle/eat together. Sad b/c Snick will cuddle w/ his other doggy friends at their nanny's house.

I'm a lil bummed, but at the same time grateful that AT LEAST they play together. I'm thinking as Reesie gets older and he settles down a bit, he may start to grow on Snick.

I know many of you have experienced things similar....would love to hear your experiences and how things transitioned.

Thanks-
Viv
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!