View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
qnsryker
Yorkie Yakker

Default More potty training issues....

My Yorkie is 8 1/2 months old and still goes potty in the house occasionally. Will this ever end??? We have a doggie door that he can use whenever he wants. He NEVER has an accident downstairs, only upstairs. There is no carpet downstairs, so I don't know if it has something to do with liking the carpet upstairs? I know that he knows where to go. When he's upstairs, he will run downstairs and out the doggie door to go out 99% of the time. About once a month he will poop upstairs, and he will "mark" the carpet upstairs a few times a week. I guess it's marking because it is not a full on puddle of pee. He has been neutered, and does not heist his leg on things, he just will squat down and mark the carpet I guess. Mind you, I have NEVER caught him doing any of this, so I can't scold him in the act. When I find it, I show it to him and tell him it's bad and make him go outside. He is a very smart dog, and I know people say Yorkies are hard to train, but can I ever look forward to the day when he won't do this anymore? I hate to think of having a dog that I can't fully trust. I've had 4 Basset Hounds and never had this issue, once they were potty trained, that was it.
qnsryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!