View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 09:36 AM   #4
time2go
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107barney View Post
If your dog had allergy tests that were blood tests, you should know that they are not reliable. They told me after $800 in testing that my dog was allergic to almost everything on earth and it was all inaccurate.

For treats, I like to buy from a local bakery that uses limited organic ingredients. They ship everywhere. www.dogsinharmonyri.com
Yes, I know they are not completely reliable. I should have also mentioned she is on Temaril-P and don't think that even helps very much. She has been on antibiotics for most of the past 6 months or so because of skin infections. Up until the last 9 months she never had skin infections. She is also on prescription food for her kidneys.

My vet says the mold is her biggest allergy and I live in a house that is 50+ years old and it has a "basement" which is an underground concrete block room where the sump pump, water heater, etc are. She says my house is a factor and I really should considering moving. There is no visible mold but because of the age and the little underground room with really no good ventilation, mold is very likely the biggest culprit.

I do trust my vet as she has yorkies of her own. She also has a scratchy one. Luckily the allergy testing was reasonable at $200 but I would need to ask about the skin testing, cost and such. We are going to cut the foods from her diet for a couple of months and then go from there.

Thanks for the link....I will be checking it out.

Last edited by time2go; 05-09-2011 at 09:37 AM. Reason: forgot to say thanks!
time2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!