View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 04:10 AM   #1
Mr Bitey
Yorkie Talker

Thumbs up Ello.. and thanks

ello

I've been lurking around as a guest for a few weeks now, seems my obsessive yorkie Googling over the past few weeks has brought me here enough times now to warrant registration. So first off, cheers much for the tips i've so far gleaned from your collective bonces.

We lost our beloved Jack Russel around a month ago and about a week after vowing to never get another dog we gave in and bought the monster that is Jasper.

He's 9 months old ...totally mad and with a fetish for socks which he persistently claims and buries in unsuspecting places... like under our pillows.

Although despite the abundant hilarity which he brings, we do have one or two (or twelve) little issues which were working on. Most if not all of which are due to his unbridled intent on chasing EVERYTHING.

...birds, bikes, joggers, bags, dandelion seeds, sand... even the occasional ball.

We're getting there with most of it though. A recent breakthrough with the cyclists (fingers crossed), indoor obedience training going well. But the joggers..... oooooooh the joggers! Hard work to say the least.

In researching (aka googling) this i've found that the innate predatory chase intinct is the likely culprit and one which needs special care and attention to deal with properly so I hope that with enough persistence and initiative we can sort him out soon.

Anyway, i'll be bobbing around the place. Probably don't have much to offer in the way of Yorkie nouse but i'll find something to do

Cheers

Last edited by Mr Bitey; 05-08-2011 at 04:12 AM.
Mr Bitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!