View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 03:20 PM   #30
kionini
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlicetheYorkie View Post
I thing remember reading a testimonial on there about a pancreatitis case doing well on, I think the organic chicken one? I could be wrong though. I'd imagine they wouldn't want to advise you to do anything to compromise your dog's health. You'd probably have to get the guidance and ok from a vet nutritionist to do it a certain way and only certain things. Would he be allowed to have on of their kibble formulas? Of course you'd have to ask your vet, but I only ask because I know all their kibble has a small amount of raw freeze dried coating on each piece of kibble, so maybe they could still get the benefits from raw that way?? Idk though, you'd have to check.
I didn't read all the testimonials, I'll have to go back and search for it. The lady at the NV said that I could use Prairy kibble, but to check with my vet first Will do, but with a nutritionist vet. I made the appointment for the 14th. Hopefully, she'll help me with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
Absolutely right. I have seen no evidence to indicate that the raw diet is bad for pancreatitis. What is bad is the high fat content in most or all prepackaged raw food.

While I'm not suggesting that this is a good option, if you are set on feeding raw, prey model with extremely reduced fat may be an option (could be formulated by a veterinary nutritionist, but some of them are really against it, so it's not their favorite thing to formulate...). Even then though, with raw chunks of meat, the fat may be difficult to pick off. So it could still be risky.
I don't think that I'll risk it with the prey model, it's too scary for me that I could make Nicky's condition worse I'll wait to see what the nutritionist-vet tells me, hopefully there's a way around it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!