View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 04:35 PM   #8
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyGirl Rosie View Post
My friend's sister just got a yorkie. It is a female and the breeder let her have it at 6 weeks old. Yes, I know I already told them how bad this is. Now, my friend comes today and asks me a question. Someone told her sister to give the puppy Karo syrup every day. I told her I didn't think she should do this because of the sugar. I said maybe it was to use Karo for hypoglycemia. But the sister says no, it was to use it everyday. I can't imagine that being right but I told my friend I would ask the experts. So, what do you think?
The puppy should be on Goat's Milk with equal parts of distilled water and Gerber's baby rice cereal...mixed to a watery texture.........

Not knowing what state you live in the breeder may have broken the law as some states prohibit the sale of pups until 8 weeks of age......should this pup contract parvo/rabies the breeder may be held responsible too.....as in some states there are lemon laws.

No Karo Syrup or Nutri Cal as a hyperglycemic prevention....both can contribute to sugar diabitis or can contribute to a hyperglycemic attack by using it as a prevention.

Last edited by Mardelin; 05-04-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Mardelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!