View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 03:51 PM   #3
Buster Brown
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

From what I have learned I do not think you would want to give the Kayro everyday. It would cause blood sugar spikes. I have heard some people put it in the water but I think that would be like drinking a coke everyday vs drinking water. I think it would be best to have 3 to 4 small balanced meals over the course of the day to keep the the puppy from going into hypoglycemia. I have heard also that you want to feed protein after giving the kayro or the Nutrical as the sugar will cause the levels to go up and then they will crash and it is best to keep the levels even. I will defer to those more knowledgeable YT members. And as you and I have learned the pup should have stayed until it was 12 weeks old for the best developement so this breeder may not be knowledgeable about what is ultimately the best care for Yorkies in my opinion. It is good your friend has you to look out for her and her Yorkie. Best Wishes
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!