View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 08:17 AM   #1
sweet_tikka
YT Addict

Default Science Diet vs. Acana!!?

Okay so I wasn't sure whether to post in General or Health because I have a question/problem and also the story is funny to me...

Okay so the first three ingredients in Science Diet Small Bites, 2 of the first four are Corn products and one is a beet veggie ingredient.
In Acana, the 4 of the first five ingredients are MEAT products.

I thought corn/wheat in dog food lowered the quality and it usually something you don't want to feed your pup? [For example... Ol' Roy... ew!]

So I am trying to switch Tikka to what Pooter eats, and that is Acana it's the ONLY food he's everrrr been on that doesn't make him sick and have runny/snotty stool.
BUT Tikka literally picks around all the Acana pieces and picks them up and puts them outside of her bowl, and eats all the Science Diet. If I try hand feeding her the pieces like treats, she spits them out. NOW Pooter is starting to eat her Science Diet food too, and when I try to feed him Acana he spits it out! So far Pooter is actually not getting sick from this food, his stomach is handling it fine.

BUT I don't know much about Science Diet food, except that it was a bit more expensive than my Acana and is probably only 10% meat or less compared to 60% in Acana. Do any of you know anything about Science Diet... because now both of my dogs prefer that over Acana. Pooter used to scarf his Acana like candy until I bought Science Diet to switch Tikka over slowly to Acana.

Watching them pick around their food, spitting it out, and pooter sneaking food from Tikka's bowl... makes me remember how smart they really are lol!! The little buggers!

GRRRR
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!