View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 11:16 AM   #4
Chelsea'sMom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Lonely Picky Eater

Since October 18, we have been Yorkie sitting a 9 lb, 12 year old female Yorkie, Zena. You dont even know she is in our home, she is that well behaved. Her owner had to travel to Illinois, to care for her terminally ill sister. The owner called me to ask what boarding kennel I used, and had thoughts of leaving her there, until I offered to Yorkie sit for her.

She did fine at first, then she stopped eating, everything I tried didnt work, so I called our vet, and he checked her out, nothing phsically wrong with her. He suggested I get Gerber Baby food, the small jar of chicken only, and use 1 tsp. with warm water added to make a gravy, and pour over her dry food. she loved it, and now, she lickes her bowl clean.

She gets fed 2x a day, and she has learned to tell time, so her feeding times are 8am, and 5pm, on the dot!

I came to find out, her owner would give her table scraps with her dry food, so this is probably the reason, she protested and stopped eating completely.
Now, she is on her dry food, and chicken gravy only, which is much healthier for her.

Hugs,
Chelsea'sMom
Chelsea'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!