View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 02:44 PM   #15
ziggy925
YT 500 Club Member

I seriously doubt DAP would work. When he gets into it he really gets to barking. I am going to order a resistor that lowers the voltage on the collar and see how that goes, but as I've said in this thread, nothing other than the collar has worked with him.

To answer more questions:

1. I think DAP stands for Dog Appeasing Pherimones. It's used with a defuser and is supposed to calm dogs down. Dogs will bark for all kinds of reasons, not because they are stressed. When Ruger gets stressed he runs under the bed. When the collar goes off he runs to me.

2. It one thing to have one dog barking at the TV. When they both get into it it's unbearable, and they feed off each other.

3. And now I'm getting flack from people who not only think I'm hurting my dog, but that he's going to strangle himself on the collar, or any collar. Look I appreciate all comments, and I understand your concerns, but I'm not the dog whisperer and I have to compromise. The collar works. Going "Ssssssssst" doesn't do a damn thing. Unless you think the collar is punishment, I've never punished this dog for anything, and only rewarded him for good behavior. If I rewarded him for being quiet he'd be the fattest Yorkie on the planet. He doesn't know the word "Quiet," and I doubt most of your dogs do. Yeah, sometimes it works for a second, but once he gets going he won't stop. And the vast majority of the day he's silent.
ziggy925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!