View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 05:04 PM   #10
AlicetheYorkie
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvTaycieGirl View Post
I have tried The Honest Kitchen food for Taycie in the past but had poor results. It just didn't work for her super sensitive stomach. I loved the company but I have never seen so much poop come out of a tiny 6 pound dog. Embark really messed up her gut and she pooped 8 times a day.

I was looking over the ingredients again and then it hit me. Embark is 9.6% fiber. That is super high! Which would explain why it cleaned her system out!
I also tried other formulas but they just made her poop just as much and they were giant! Not to mention I could hear her little stomach churning all the time.

I also have a friend who feeds The Honest Kitchen and to keep the poop down she has incorporated Kibble for one meal. I think it is pretty common to see alot of poop while feeding this food.
That's intersting about the pooping alot (not a good sign, means they're not "using" enough of the nutrients in the food). I just looked at their site for the first time and one of the formulas has less ingredients (no potatoes or fruit) so I wonder if that would make a difference? It seems like a really terrific idea as an alternative to frozen raw pet food that I was thinking about adding into my rotation of raw, but idk why some of those ingredients are in there, they should just stick with the meat, some veggies and fruits and the minerals, and it would probably be better. You're supposed to have less poop on a raw diet. Hmmm, well since they have really cheap samples maybe I'll order the lesser ingredient one (Thrive?) and see how it goes. I bet my cats would love the cat formula, but once again, what's up with the potatos in there?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!