View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 04:09 PM   #9
AlicetheYorkie
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielove View Post
So your dog likes this type of food? My dog actually acts like I am trying to poison her when I offer her dog food. She wants people food but does not like what I cook for her. Honestly, how does she know?
I second the suggestion to try raw. Alice was the same way, basically doesn't want dog food (dry or even most canned) and if she would eat it, it would only be for maybe 3 meals tops before she turned her nose. She also has 0 interest in cooked chicken. I gave her some raw venison for the first time a few days ago and she gobbled it in like 30 seconds! Then promptly liked her lips, looked at me, and trotted into the livingroom LOL It was like, wow, you finaly gave me real food LOL. Try the premade first like Primal or Nature's Variety or Stella and Chewys, then you can research how to feed "prey model" to see if going that route is for you. I'm doing a combinating pre made and prey model (homemade) and Alice is eating every single meal like a champ You do have to get the meat/bone/organ ratio right with prey model, but the pre-packaged brands already do that for you which makes it easier but more expensive. LOL They do know, it's so funny
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!