View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 02:53 PM   #12
AlicetheYorkie
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESSY_RN2B View Post
Great choice. Im with you on being scared to get it wrong. Im doing stella and chewys lamb patties for now and the ordering primal online. she is happy with her raw but it seems such a little bit so she keeps beggjng for more. Lol
Apparently it's easy, you just have to make sure it's 80% meat, 10% soft edible bone, 10% organs. My thing (for now anyway) is, I've always given them raw chicken and turkey necks once or twice a week to clean their teeth, but I only let them go to town on that outside. It's obviously not possible to feed them all outside twice a day (especially the kitties) so I need and easier way to get the required bone in there. As far as organs, lol I don't think I'll ever be able to feed a raw liver blah lol. Freeze dried liver treats are a good replacement for that though I wish I could afford to feed them all just the NV patties, since that's all balanced, with the twice a week raw bones for their teeth and (apparently) "mental" health LOL (something I read) since that would be so much easier. I'll figure out a good system eventually that works for them as well as our pockets I've also thought about using the nature's variety instinct kibble for one meal per day or at least every other day to cut down the cost (this goes against what some "prey model feeders" will say), but the NV website explains that much research has been done to prove that feeding both raw and grain free kibble or canned is fine (I still won't mix it in the same meal though, I'm not convinced it will digest properly) and Alice is fine with this as long as each meal is different and I really rotate (raw breakfast, some kibble w/ canned for dinner and a different protien source of the canned each day). I think they'll be really happy that way too, getting something different each meal and they'll still get the benefits of raw and a completely grain free diet and enjoy eating

Which online co. do you get the Primal from? I've looked at Petfooddirect.com since they have NV and Stella and Chewys at better prices than the store here, but the shipping for frozen is outrageous, so it's not worth it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!