Thread: yorkie in heat
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 12:03 PM   #8
jawopw
Yorkie Talker

O.k. everyone, you have now completely made me panic. My poodle HAS been alone with my yorkie but probably not more than 5 minutes. I try very hard not to ever leave her alone with ANY of my other dogs, just due to the fact that I'm afraid one of them might snap at her because she loves to get in their faces just to play, and none of them want to play with her. And another reason I don't suspect she is at the READY STAGE, is because my poodle shows no interest in her whatsoever. In fact whenever she tries to get near him, he growls at her, just as he always has since I got her 7 1/2 months ago. I am going to take her to the vet tomorrow, and ask his opinion on who it would be safer for: my yorkie to be spayed or my poodle to be neutered, or both. I was originally going to breed my poodle, but haven't. I of course realize my little Yorkie is much too small to breed. I did not expect her to be this small. I thought, according to the breeder, she would be at least 4 lbs and I still think she has room to grow. My seven pound Yorkie was only 4 1/2 pounds at the age of 8 months and I was told, that was as big as he was going to get. He actually got up to 8 lbs. (he was sneaking into my older Cocker spaniel's food when she wouldn't finish eating. I put a stop to that and cut down his intake slightly, (veterinarian said he was a little overweight) and he is now down to 7 lbs., his ideal weight. Anyway, back to Sassy....the reason I have not had her spayed yet was on the recommendation of her breeder. She even recommended I wait to give her her rabies shot until she was at least a year old. (That was her vets recommendation also.) She actually lost one of Yorkies due to an overdose of the rabies injection. I only want to do what is best for her which is why I registered on this website. I would NEVER intentionally be careless or do anything to risk my little girls health or life. You have no idea how much she means to me, (or perhaps you do, having your own Yorkies). I will let you all know what my vet tells me tomorrow. I am also going to ask him if there is any way he could run a test to determine what stage she is at now. Or, God forbid, if she was pregnant? I refuse to believe that! (And by the way, in case you are wondering why she was even left for 5 minutes with the poodle... that was before I realized she was even in heat.
jawopw is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!