View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 01:55 AM   #8
LuvTaycieGirl
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me and Dupree View Post
@gracielove I was very skeptical at first because it looks like a soup (but if you wait about 5 mins, it thickens up) but the salesman gave me a sample of every flavor to try. Dupree liked everything but because of price- I started with a box of Keen. Normally, he gets bored but surprisingly, he ate it twice daily for weeks without any variety & that's a rare feat. Recently, I bought smaller boxes of the other flavors for $3.50 each. I went online to their website and see that they have all of the flavors and you can order sample bags for $1.00.

While I love the raw diet, this has been so much easier for my lifestyle as I work 12hrs a day and travel often so he's on the road with me.

FYI- Dupree's stool when from being small and soft to firm and A LOT more lol. Now on our walks, he goes poo twice on one walk. *Sorry for being graphic*

I have tried The Honest Kitchen food for Taycie in the past but had poor results. It just didn't work for her super sensitive stomach. I loved the company but I have never seen so much poop come out of a tiny 6 pound dog. Embark really messed up her gut and she pooped 8 times a day.

I was looking over the ingredients again and then it hit me. Embark is 9.6% fiber. That is super high! Which would explain why it cleaned her system out!
I also tried other formulas but they just made her poop just as much and they were giant! Not to mention I could hear her little stomach churning all the time.

I also have a friend who feeds The Honest Kitchen and to keep the poop down she has incorporated Kibble for one meal. I think it is pretty common to see alot of poop while feeding this food.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!