View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 09:03 PM   #7
elemtchr99
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
Oh, how horrible that it came that close and did such damage to neighbors' homes but how wonderful your home was spared except for a few things. Were you there when the storm hit? You must have been terrified if you were! I sure am glad your power is back on as it is so hard to try to live these days without anything - lights, stove, A-C, heat, frig, etc. We did without power a couple of days last year during a bad snow and it was really freezing with no heat - had to stay with my sister.

I am keeping you and everyone in that awful storm's path in my prayers as it is mind boggling what incredible damage this thing did. It is a wonder even more weren't killed or severely injured.
Luckily no one was at home at the time of the tornado. I was at school in the hall with my students. This is the 2nd time this has happened all around where my house is, but we've been spared. Scary. We had to stay at school until after 4 (school normally starts dismissing @ 2:45) due to the sirens going off in town and the tornado warning. Husband got let off of work earlier than I did. I was on the phone with him as he drove home. When he got to the turnoff to our road, he let me know that our neighbors' houses to the left of that turn were totally flattened. I was soooo scared. My sweet Sophie was all alone in our home Thankfully, she was ok. She didn't even act any different when I got home to see things for myself. I was so worried she would be totally freaked out. I know it had to be soooo loud.

Here is a link to the tornado that came by my house!!! At the very beginning there is a fork in the road that I go down to get to my house. That tornado was beside my house at that time!!!!

Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!